We’d like to introduce another new guest contributor to Ultimate Eurythmics, Paul Downham who has been following Ghost The Musical since it opened in Manchester. Don’t forget to visit our Ghost The Musical site from the menu bar above.
On the 24th June 2011, Ghost the Musical opened at the Piccadilly Theatre in London and with 14 shows now completed the comments and tweets are suggesting this show, as has been rumoured is going to be a smash hit and become the hottest ticket in the West End for a long time to come.
With official reviews restricted until after the Gala Opening Night Performance on the 19th July I have been keeping a record of the best comments from Facebook and Twitter so far.
The number of fans following the Facebook page for Ghost has begun to rise at a pace previously not seen to date and some of the comments on the show are below:-
- Saw the show on Saturday -what can I say AMAZING Loved every minute Fantastic effects and a wonderful cast. So good that I’m booked to go again 10 September!
- A m a z I n g !! Tissues were out. Fantastic voices, special effects and humour!! 1 of the best musicals I have seen. Must see.
- I watched the show last night and have to congratulate the entire cast on how incredible the performance was. Being such a huge Patrick Swayze fan I was nervous that the show would disappoint, but you were all incredible and I couldn’t stop crying for hours after the show. Richard and Caissie are the perfect duo as Sam and Molly. I can’t wait to see the show again!! Hairs were standing up on the back of my neck when you were singing Unchained Melody to each other. Amazing!!!!
- Took my wife to see the show last night for our 34th wedding anniversary and was blown away. The cast were fantastic the set and special effects amazing how they made Sam disappear in the middle of the stage I will never know! The music was perfect as was the singing, this rates as one of the top musicals I have ever seen, long may it run in the West End, congratulation to everyone involved, as the lady has written below everyone deserved a standing ovation, will definitely be coming back, can’t wait for the CD!!!
- It is not very often that one sees West End theatre these days and leaves feeling excited, enthralled and entranced. Thank you to the creative team, cast and crew of this wonderful production for restoring my faith in the magic of what I believe a theatrical experience should be and may you enjoy a long and successful run at the Piccadilly!
Over on Twitter despite the 140 word limit it does not seem to stifle the support and amazement for the show and its cast.
- WOW man I knew it was gunna be good but my lord that was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to come again 🙂
- @ghostlondon is the cleverest musical I have ever seen and will ever see! In complete awe. Laughed, cried & got goose bumps. Just incredible.
- Just wanna say that I haven’t seen a new musical as AMAZING as @ghostlondon for a long time! Cried like a baby! I’d totally recommend it 🙂
- @ghostlondon Never been more moved and captivated by a piece of theatre.@caisofyou is just beautiful up there. YOU MUST GO SEE!
Have you seen Ghost yet, what are your views? Can you write a review of the show for our Audience Reviews section? Just email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest.
We will be posting our full review of the show on here after Gala Night on the 19th July and all the reviews from the newspapers around the world will also be here for you to read.